The Partridge Legacy
Frank Partridge belongs to the fourth generation of one of England’s major art dealing families. Founded in 1900 by the present Frank Partridge’s great grandfather, the business opened a gallery almost opposite Christie’s in King Street, dealing in the very finest English and French furniture and Chinese porcelain. When these premises were bombed in 1939 Frank Partridge Snr moved his business to the famous “Partridge” building opposite Sotheby’s in New Bond Street. During this period, Partridge’s received the Royal Warrant as Purveyors of Fine Art to Queen Mary, a frequent visitor to the gallery.